Re: PHP

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Adrian Nims wrote:

> I try to use PHP language in connection wiht web, I'm on debian potato
> and using apache web server 1.2.6. I have the following problem: when I
> run a php file in netscape it appears a window "Save as ..." instead of
> executing my php file. Does anybody know how can I solve this ?

Maybe your mime.types for Apache (maybe /etc/apache/mime.types) needs
something like:

application/x-httpd-php                         phtml pht php
application/x-httpd-php3                        php3
application/x-httpd-php3-source                 phps
application/x-httpd-php3-preprocessed           php3p

Or you could use the Apache AddType directive, like:

AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .phtml
AddType application/x-httpd-php3-source .phps

Or maybe Netscape needs to be configured to use php correctly.

  Jeremy C. Reed
  http://www.reedmedia.net/
  http://bsd.reedmedia.net/