Re: High Availability..

You could try linuxvirtualserver.org the LVS project, and/or ultramonkey
(.sourceforge.net) which incorporates LVS and heartbeat.

using ultramonkey (albiet on RedHat) we just finished running a large
promotional site, servers where maintanenced, taken completely off line, no
one ever noticed.  Course it may not be to your needs, but check it out.

You could for common disk space use a fiber channel SAN (grande $$$'s but
best speed, and ultimate avail.), or an Ethernet NAS (try RAIDZone.com for a
good cheap solution, but then you're using NFS, and I'm not fond of NFS for
high avail., just my opinion though).