Re: High Availability..

... using NFS you need to ensure, that all services accessing files on
the shared mounts rely on the same locking mechanisms - does not sem to
bee a viable path to me. But hav a look at SGI. they portet theire
XFileSystem (XFS) to linux and theres a cXFS (cluster XFS) version
available.

did not yet try it myself, but SGIs IRIX is famous for (c)XFS.

don't try to mount one RAID partitition on more than one host
concurrently - only one can keep state of one filesystem.

Florian!

Roger Abrahamsson wrote:
> Has anyone tried to set up any such debian systems?? I'm thinking of
> trying to set up two machines sharing the same raid disksystem as an NFS
> server with some sort of ip-takeover between them.. There are several
> things I'm seeing as possible problems, one is NFS file locking, and
> another is two RAID cards accessing the same disk subsystem...

 n e t - o p e r a t i o n s    http://www.net-operations.de
              Florian Kunkel    F.Kunkel@net-operations.de
           Kattreinstraße 38    Tel:+49 6151-367033
           D-64295 Darmstadt    Fax:+49 6151-367034