disappearing resolv.conf

List folks;

I have this weird, intermittent problem with my /etc/resolv.conf . It seems
to just not exist at odd intervals. Its a simple fix but it sux to have to
cp the backup into place when we start getting "can't locate blah" errors.
Its on a box running Woody. It was last updated about a week ago. Its
running bind 8.2.2p5-11.  We use it as a dialup gateway and LAN forwarding
nameserver so it causes all manner of problems re DNS locally.

Any ideas about how or why this is happening?

Perhaps its those daemons that infest the machines of the world rm'ing my
resolv.conf?.

Any ideas on what might be happening appreciated, sorcery included.

Tom