Re: RAID 5

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Nathan wrote:

 > so go with the regular package for now since it's proven stable. The
 > raidtools2 is there for people like me who can't stand running stock
 > kernels and love to have the latest stuff break our prodution boxes.

actually this is not recommended. what is, getting the raid patches
from people.redhat.com/~?mingo/raid-patches/raid-2.2.17-A0, patch
the kernel, recompile the kernel, and use raidtools2.

has some problems around raid1 i think.. use .16-A0 then.

--
[-]
``And there are plenty of other innovative pieces of software such as Napster