Re: MySQL vs. Postgres

> If you don't need record-level locking, rollbacks, etc. then I would
> recommend MySQL, simply because it's very fast.
Hmm, if you need fast why use sql server? you could use databases
in files. they're fast, simple etc.
If you need to create apps based on SQL you will need transactions,
and record-level locking 'll make them fast.
And for that you need something advanced like postgresql.
OTOH most simple things assume that you use mysql, so your users would
prefer mysql. most php apps need apache+php3+mysql.

regards, Eyck.