Re: Inherited ISP host configuration nightmare

On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Gene Grimm wrote:

The easiest thing I can think of is ipportfw.  Why not just forward
the mail or http ports to the other machine.  (probably the http
in this case).  Maybe setup a simple ip chain on the mail ports
to keep track of how much data goes through them, or even logging
the ips of the users who go through.  (cross reference with access
logs and you should have an idea of which clients to have your
support department contact when they aren't too busy).

Puts a little extra load on the linux box, but I am sure it can
handle it.