Re: very long passwd

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Joaquin Ferrero wrote:

> I have 200.000 users. The most part only have email service.

Are they for different domains? If so, you could use different password
files for each domain. (This is what I do.) And you can also use databases
(instead of flat-text) for the authentication.

This is pretty easy with Exim. (It is well-documented with examples at the
Exim site.)

You'd also need to have your IMAP server be able to use these
authentication databases (or password files). (I don't use IMAP though --
I use POP3.)

  Jeremy C. Reed
  http://www.reedmedia.net/
  http://bsd.reedmedia.net/