Re: LDAP on debian

** On May 16, Christian Hammers scribbled:
> Hi
>
> > P.S.  Does anyone know if there is there something wrong with the default
> > configuration of OpenLDAP in potato?  I cannot connect to my server with
> > any of the command line (or other) tools.
> After a long time fiddling around I've finally managed to get it running.
> As far as I can tell now there was no error in the config.
There isn't indeed. The most probable cause is that the access is blocked in
/etc/hosts.{allow,deny} - you have to allow access to the slapd service.
Increase the loglevel in /etc/openldap/slapd.conf (set it to 8) and you'll
see in the logs what's wrong.

marek