Re: LDAP on debian

Carlos Barros wrote:

> Is there any HOWTO's
> Is there any text explaining how does it work? I mean The guide explain how
> to get, untar, configure, compile, install, run, change things, what it is,
> netscape...

The beginnings of a HOWTO is available at
http://www.ice-works.com/personal/LaterDude/LDAP-Authentication-HOWTO.html
... it hasn't been enough to get me going but it's the best I've found.

I'm puzzling over LDAP, it's something I think I want but I'm not sure
why.  For much of what I see I can't help but think why not use an SQL
server?

Fraser

P.S.  Does anyone know if there is there something wrong with the default
configuration of OpenLDAP in potato?  I cannot connect to my server with
any of the command line (or other) tools.