Re: Virtual email hosting, with exim and IMAP

On Fri, 5 May 2000, Sanjeev "Ghane" Gupta wrote:
> Users have no qualms logging in as user@domain.com , do not need shell
> access, or pine, need a choice between IMAP and POP-3.  In a pinch, they
> will contact me about changing passwords.  We heed dozens of domains, but
> only a few users per domain.  The names will clash, hence user@domain.com
> required.

I just read about Courier IMAP at http://www.inter7.com/courierimap/

       You can also write your own custom userid/password validation
       program.

       Virtual mailbox support. ...  There's also an authentication
       module that implements the vpopmail virtual mailbox
       implementation.

It might be what you need. Good luck...

  Jeremy C. Reed
  http://www.reedmedia.net