Virtual email hosting, with exim and IMAP

Folks,

In a post 2 weeks ago, John Gonzalez gave links to a setup using vmailmgr
and qmail, which allows Virtual email domains, cleanly.  Ihave gone through
the documentation, and wish to raise the stakes.

I have two constraints to add:

1    Minor issue, but any similar solutions using exim?  I moved from
sendmail to exim on our servers last year, and would rather not learn qmail.
It is probably easy, but I am lazy ;-)

2    Major issue.  IMAP is required.  vmailmgr does not handle IMAP, at
least not yet.

Users have no qualms logging in as user@domain.com , do not need shell
access, or pine, need a choice between IMAP and POP-3.  In a pinch, they
will contact me about changing passwords.  We heed dozens of domains, but
only a few users per domain.  The names will clash, hence user@domain.com
required.

I am not sticky about it being free, as long as it is a few $100.   Of
course, .debs that run on slink are appreciated.

Thanks,