Re: How do I add a second IP range to a network?

At 11:47 PM 4/7/2000 -0300, you wrote:

 Hi all

 I have a IP block working on my server. how do I add a new IP block?
 For example 192.200.234.128 with  net mask 255.255.255.192 (what gives me
 192.200.234.129-190)

 and I whant  to add a second IP range 192.200.234.192 with  net mask
 255.255.255.192

 I put it in the named.conf, and create a .IN-ADDR.ARPA) but it seams I
 forgot something.

I was thinking about this recently, and here's what I reasoned (but have never put to the test). Due to the way that reverse DNS works, what would have to happen is whatever body gave you the address space would have to actually create an entry in their server for each address - yes, 62 entries, that delegates DNS for those addresses to your DNS server. Either that or they just have to provide the reverse DNS for you.

As for how to handle secondary DNS, I'm still scratching my head trying to work that one out.

If I'm completely mistaken, I'd love to be corrected (but not flamed :).

Thanks,
Shawn