Re: Webshop solution for Unix/Linux?

Minivend handles about 1/4 of the automation needed to run a
store on the web.  Customer service, accounting, inventory,shipper
EDI, and a bunch of other stuff is not in there the last time we looked.
We are using a legacy mail order management system integrated with a
.. I know I know.. NT based shopping cart system.   We used many of
the free carts for years and were only able to handle 20-40  orders per
day per employee.  With an integrated solution we have handled as many
as 300-400 orders per day per employee.  We pay through the nose for
this product but with production gains of 10 fold its easy to justify.

What I think is needed is a back office for minivend that handles more
of the boring but necessary parts of running a web store.

    one example

        customer orders say   a copy of  Red Hat and a copy of
        Slackware.   we only have Red Hat in stock.  You need a system
        that will only ship what in stock,  inform the customer of what's shipped

        order Slackware if  its needed and then ship the copy of slackware when
        it comes in via  possibly expedited shipping method to another country
because
        the customer has moved.   All the time tracking shipping, inventory, cash

        flow and charging the credit card at the proper times.   Our current
system
        handles this no problem.  We could use a product like Minivend then
import
        the orders but the customer feedback and product pricing/online inventory

        management would be an issue.

Thanks

-Dan