Re: ssi on apache & virtual hosting

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Sibuyas wrote:

> hello,
>
>    can you guys please take a look at this apache virtual host config (httpd.conf)
> that i did ?  its already working but i would just like to make sure its safe.
>
>    also, i want only those who operate the domain www.mydavao.com to have SSI,
> and run all .cgi's as scripts ...
>

> <VirtualHost www.mydavao.com>
> ServerAdmin webmaster@mydavao.com
> DocumentRoot /home/mydavao.com/www/htdocs
> ServerName www.mydavao.com
> Directory /home/mydavao.com/www/cgi-bin/
>         AllowOverride None
>         Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
>         </Directory>
> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/mydavao.com/www/cgi-bin/
>         AddType text/html .shtml
>         AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
> AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
> ErrorLog /home/mydavao.com/weblogs/error.log
> CustomLog /home/mydavao.com/weblogs/access.log full
> </VirtualHost>
>
> thanks a lot,
>
> sib

You will also need an 'Includes' option for those who need SSI.

I would also suggest SymLinksIfOwnerMatch instead of of FollowSymLinks if
the machine is not too busy.

By the way, if you are using apache 1.3+ then the VirtualHost line should
contain the numeric ip of the machine. And of course you need the
NameVirtualHost line with the numberic ip of the machine (outside the
VirtualHost block).

Robert Varga