I want some help at CGI & APACHE

hi,all
I have setup a machine weth Debian, and I use Apache v1.3 as my web server.
I make the server as a  virtual web server provider. I use the name-based type.

then, i want run CGI on it. I write some perl script, and put them in the folder: /home/httpd/cgi-bin/my

the docment root directory of my 1st virtual web server is /home/httpd/vserver/1st

i write a html file and put it in  /home/httpd/vserver/1st, in the file there is a link like this:

http://mydomain.com/cgi-bin/mycgi.pl

but when I click it , the server return some information as follow:

##Internal Server Error
##The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to ##complete your request.
##Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time ##the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

##More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

i open the error log
it says the server can not find the file: mycgi.pl.

who can tell why & how.

thanks.

            chens
            chens@cheerful.com