Re: redir y firewall

On 03-Dec-99 Iñaki Martínez wrote:
> Kaixo wsuetholz@centonline.com!!!
>
>>   FTP opens a data port from your NT back out to the outside machine.  Is
>>   that
>> direction going to be masked properly for you?
>
>  How can i know that???? which tool can i use????
>
>  Or how can i masqued properly????

See my earlier post....

>>   BTW: Did you know that this can be snooped?  Might be better to set up
>>   SSH.
>>        NT has many security holes, who knows maybe somebody with ftp access
>>        can
>>        get in and do horrible things..
>
>  OK.... first i need to work the ftp, then ssh.....

The SSH setup would be instead of FTP I think.  I still have this on my
todo list.

I am not a ssh expert, but the way I understand it, that you will
be connecting only over the SSH port, and everything you send will be
encrypted to reduce the possibility of snooping.  FTP and Telnet, et all
send logins and passwords in the clear usually, not a good thing for security
concerns.  Given the possibilities for security holes in your destination
machine, you should try to do as much as you can on your Firewall/Router setup.

Bill Suetholz