Problems with SLIP

Hi,
I have set up a SLIP link between 2 Debian boxes.  I did this with slattach & ifconfig.  Everything seems to work fine, including pinging between the two machines.  However, other services do not seem to work.  For example, telnet, ssh, ftp, etc. do not get responses from each other when communicating over the slip link.  When trying to ssh from one machine into the other, the machine being ssh'd into gives the following error: "Could not reverse map address 192.168.1.1" (the ip of the machine ssh'ing from..

Any ideas?

TIA,
Marius

--