Re: How to limit it ?

Hi,
but use
> > > Partial solution. Don't assume the entire world uses bash.
> > ...but if you place in /etc/passwd at shell place /bin/bash or
> > /bin/lshell/bash it will work always ? Am i wrong ?
> I don't understand what you mean? Is it that you want to force every user to
> use bash? Well, you can, but they have the right to change their shells.
> Playing BOFH is not always justified :))
You are right, my question is:
If in /etc/passwd file user has in shell field an bash shell, and if s/he
after login will change his/her shell environment (limits) that is in bash
will be in ksh, etc.. ?

> > > About 'ulimit'? 'man bash' or 'help ulimit' on bash prompt - everything's
> > > there.
> > Yes, there are information... my man db has had problem - now it is solved
> > :)
> :)))) For 'help ulimit' you don't need mandb :)
hmmm....;)

> > > Another option for you is to use the glibc's database feature. Take a look
> > > at the /var/lib/misc/ directory. Run 'make' in that directory and you will
> > > have a bunch of .db files that contain exactly the same what /etc/passwd
> > > /etc/group and the likes. The NSS library can be configured to use these
> > > files first so that, theoretically, you can 'chmod 600 /etc/{passwd,group}'
> > > and setup a cronjob that will remake the database every hour or so, and
> > > remember to remake the database every time you add a new user :)).
> > ... partial sollution ;) i have a lot of job. Better is to write module or
> Why a partial solution? If you use adduser, then create
> /usr/local/sbin/adduser.local script that invokes 'make -C /var/lib/misc',
> setup a crontab and forget about the thing...
And all programs (ssh, pop, ...) will work ?

> > patch kernel sources, just rewrite open(..)function code :)
> > Any one can do this ?
> What for? kernel implements everything you need (man setrlimit), you just
> need a program to set the limits for you. Test the debian/potato PAM - it
> does it allright.
I've tested PAM with lshell and it wasn't working ...

G.