Re: mail spool

On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 07:07:33PM -0500, Alter Ego wrote:
> At 03:45 PM 11/1/99 -0500, Fraser Campbell wrote:
> >cat mailbox | formail -ds /usr/sbin/sendmail someaccount@anotherserver.com
>
> I tested it out and the mail is remarked as coming from root...  Isn't there
> a sendmail directive to make it take the headers as-is?  Right now it treats
> it as new mail from root.  I think bulkmail has a feture like this. :)

'-t'

I use the following (run as root):

    formail -A 'X-Resent-By: postmaster@wave.co.nz' -i "To: someaccount@anotherserver.com" -R Cc: Old-Cc: -R Bcc: Old-Bcc: -s /usr/lib/sendmail -t < mailbox

This munges the Cc and Bcc headers so that sendmail won't send copies
to the Cc and Bcc recipients (not that there should be any Bcc headers
in a mailbox ...) and also adds a X-Resent-By header.

Regards,

Mark.