Re: mail spool

On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 07:07:33PM -0500, Alter Ego wrote:
> >cat mailbox | formail -ds /usr/sbin/sendmail someaccount@anotherserver.com
>
> I tested it out and the mail is remarked as coming from root...  Isn't there
> a sendmail directive to make it take the headers as-is?  Right now it treats
> it as new mail from root.  I think bulkmail has a feture like this. :)

You cant - Once delivered to a mailbox the Envelope informations of
a mail are Lost. You cant simply "bounce" the mail ... Even if you
do a bounce in your MUA the envelope will be created new - The
header may stay the same ...

> I don't have root access on the new machine.

No way - Send them a single mail with all leftovers in it - Their fault ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566
  ...  The failure can be random; however, when it does occur, it is