Help Intalling xwindows on slink

Hi list

I would like to use apt-get to inatall xwindows so I can get to understand how it really works. I have never done it before and know next to zilch about it. So I hope you guys would be kind enough to answer in simple terms my most pressing questions.

1. using apt-get which package do you install to have  xwindows install on your system?.
2. Once the installation is finished how to you start using it?
3. What utility do i use to configre it to boot the system directly to xwindows?

The will do for now.

TIA

Wilson Tuma