security issues.

I'm interested in setting up a server for both internet use and local
intranet use. I'm interested in running the apache web server with php3. I
was also thinking of running a secure apache server on a secondary port. The
information on the local intranet is sensitive, and I would like to prevent
possible hacking attempts. Are there any quarks in apache and php3 I should
be aware of?

Currently I'm running the latest .deb apache and php. I do not have perl
scripting enable, and I removed rlogind, telnetd, wuftpd, etc. I believe the
only user service I have enable is sshd.

thanks,

james
camus@rice.edu