Re: DNS DoS?

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Nathan E Norman wrote:

> Anyone know of any DoS attacks that are effective against Debian BIND
> package 8.1.2-5 ?  I'm seeing some WEIRD behavior here.
the last I heard about is the CIAC Advisory dated Sept. 1 1999:
PROBLEM:        A new form of denial of service attack based on the
                in size between a Domain Name System (DNS) query and a DNS
                response and the willingness of DNS servers to answer
                from any source.

I sent the Adv. to the bind maintainer, including the workaround, without
any answer.

			+--------+ Maybe you are searching for freedom
			| Enrico |    Maybe you can't find it anywhere
			+--------+          I found it in linux.......
                               (o o)
Easynet S.r.l. Via Trainotti, 6  37121 Verona  http://www.easynet.it
              There is no world without Verona walls,
               But purgatory, torture, hell itself.
        [Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet - Act III - Scene III]