system time

Hi,
I am having a problem with my system clock (eg: netclock) and my Bios clock
not syncing. I have the BIOS clock set properly to local time and the
/etc/timezone seems to be set right. It is set to Australia/Brisbane.
Now the problem is when I check by using the date command it shows the time
is 10 hours advanced. When I use netdate to try and sync the two times it
moves my bios clock back 10 hours. It seems that the two times are destined
to never sync. The real problem is radius looks at the hardware clock and
e-mail is logged along with everything else using the system clock. I have
perl kickoff scripts running and they look at the system clock also.
I need some desperate help in solving this problem any answers would help me
sleep at night. :-)
Regards,
Doug Bean.
mrbean@mrbean.net.au