Re: IPv6 with Zen in the UK

On Saturday 01 April 2023 at 19:17:08 +0000, Marco wrote:
> Am 01.04.2023 um 19:45:03 Uhr schrieb Mike Crowe:
>
> > Rather strangely, running rdisc6 does cause router solicitations to be
> > sent as would be expected, but they don't seem to provoke any
> > response.
>
> This is a fault. Tell that your ISP.

There was a fault at the ISP, which is why I wasn't receiving a prefix in
the router advertisements. However, even when that problem was resolved I
still don't get an immediate response to router solicitations. Luckily,
they send a single router advertisement immediately after the PPP link is
established (and again every ten minutes) so this will probably almost
never be a real problem. It's a pity that the ISP doesn't seem interested
in investigating though. :(

Mike.