Re: IPv6 status on Debian for workstations / DHCP networks?

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 05:22:27PM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> I also came across some posts where it suggests that the DUID has to be
> used and that "hardware ethernet" is only for IPv4

Especially when you need to relay DHCPv6 there's currently no real method
to ship around the MAC address of the device. There's a draft (probably
from Cisco) specifying some method, though.

OTOH DHCPv6 servers were created in the assumption that the MAC address
is not used.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern