Re: IPv6 status on Debian for workstations / DHCP networks?

On 10/07/13 14:12, Axel Beckert wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Daniel Pocock wrote:
>> Ok, I've tried dhcpy6d as well, it seems to offer MAC address matching
>> (which some people may find convenient) and I've created an ITP for it
> Not sure why this shouldn't work with ISC's DHCPd. Works fine for me.
> It's how I distribute IPv4 as well as IPv6 addresses to my machines:
>
> host nemo2 {
>         hardware ethernet 00:23:54:uv:wx:yz;
>         fixed-address6 2001:xyz:wxyz:wxyz::123;
> }

That doesn't seem to be working for me (it works OK for IPv4 though)

I also came across some posts where it suggests that the DUID has to be
used and that "hardware ethernet" is only for IPv4

In any case, I've tried adding host declarations using both MAC and DUID
and it is not recognising them, it always gives them addresses from the pool