Re: IP sent by DNSv6 Server

On 2013-02-26T08:27:58+0000, Hélder Pinheiro <pinheiro.helder13@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I got it. My last doubt.
> Imagine that I use the same server/machine as dns server as well, based on
> your words, in this case I should provide the link local, because the dns
> server is located at my lan and it is the same machine as the default
> gateway. Am I right?

I did answer this question twice already about which address of the
DNS server to use. As you can see, Philipp Kern confirmed that
link-local does work in resolv.conf, at least with Debian, so you can
use either global or link-local. You should test with other clients to
make sure they can handle link-local as well, like Windows and OS X,
if you use such non-Debian systems. Like I've said, I'd just use a
global address for the DNS server, since that always works, even if
your routing topology changes.

--
Kenyon Ralph