Re: binding + autoconfig

Wouter Verhelst <w@uter.be> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 01:42:58PM +0200, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>
>> What's controlled by autoconf, then?
>
> if you have route advertisement running on your network, your
> globally-valid IP address that's generated automatically...

Thanks for the info, that clears it up.  What's more, finally I found
the docs in ip-sysctl.txt. :)

Now to make sure I'm not mistaken: the link-scope IPv6 address of my
bond interface is flagged tentative.  This is probably because its
slave devices also have the same MAC, thus the same link-scope IPv6
address, so the kernel level autoconfiguration fails at the uniqeness
check.  Right?  It's not stable, though: often I end up with three
identical IPv6 addresses on the tree interfaces.
--
Regards,
Feri.