Re: binding + autoconfig

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 04:06:06AM +0200, Wagner Ferenc wrote:
> /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/*/autoconf and accept_ra are already all set
> to 0, but a networking restart still gets me link-local addresses...

You cannot disable that. It's also not part of routing advertisement --
even if you have no working IPv6 setup but you do have the ipv6 module
loaded, you will have a link-local address. It's the kernel that
generates the link-local address, not the routing advertisement or
anything.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22