Re: "Automatic" v6 address allocation

Hello,

Curt Howland a écrit :
[radvd.conf]
I will add "MaxRtrAdvInterval 30;" or maybe 15 and see if it makes any difference.

You can also try to tune (increase) some of the following kernel options in /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/ath0/ :

router_solicitation_delay - INTEGER
        Number of seconds to wait after interface is brought up
        before sending Router Solicitations.
        Default: 1

router_solicitation_interval - INTEGER
        Number of seconds to wait between Router Solicitations.
        Default: 4

router_solicitations - INTEGER
        Number of Router Solicitations to send until assuming no
        routers are present.
        Default: 3

But if you prefer to use a static IPv6 configuration but still worry about the box having both static and autoconfigured global addresses, I have experienced it for a while without any noticeable trouble. Anyway you can disable the use of router advertisements by setting the kernel option accept_ra to 0 :

accept_ra - BOOLEAN
        Accept Router Advertisements; autoconfigure using them.
        Functional default: enabled if local forwarding is disabled.
                            disabled if local forwarding is enabled.

I don't have the "ip" command, only "ifconfig". But then I'm still using LILO, so could this be my neandertal nature showing?

Well, I like ip a lot and still use lilo as long as it meets my needs.