Re: "Automatic" v6 address allocation

On Friday 24 February 2006 08:57, Ard van Breemen was heard to say:
> And the IPv6 stack probably sends these RouterSollicitations
> immidiately after the link is brought up, and not after the
> driver notifies the link is actually up.
>
> With ndiswrapper the association takes places after the driver
> gets loaded...

Indeed, I am not using the ndiswrapper, which would fit your
description.

radvd is running on the "router",
=========
corwin:/etc# cat radvd.conf
interface eth1
{
   AdvSendAdvert on;
   prefix 2001:470:1F00:1683::/64
   {
   };
};
=========

I will add "MaxRtrAdvInterval 30;" or maybe 15 and see if it makes any
difference.

On Friday 24 February 2006 09:02, Jeroen Massar was heard to say:
> What you can try to remedy is:
> ip link set dev eth1 down
> ip link set dev eth1 up

I don't have the "ip" command, only "ifconfig". But then I'm still
using LILO, so could this be my neandertal nature showing?

Many thanks for everyone's input on the problem. The person who sold
me some of my 802.11g stuff said he had been using the ndiswrapper
and everything worked, maybe I'm just being stubborn. :^)

If setting this variable doesn't "fix" the problem, I'll be writing
back for more suggestions.

Curt-

- --
September 11th, 2001