Re: ftp services with ipv6 on Sid *Resolved*

On Saturday 12 November 2005 10:38, Pascal@plouf was heard to say:
> Beware, the command "ftp" (/usr/bin/ftp) is often a symlink to some
> other real FTP client you may have installed. For instance, on my
> system, it invokes lukemftp, a more advanced FTP client which
> supports IPv6.

Ok, got it. Thanks. I'll fix that later.

> >>Mainstream wu-ftpd currently does not support IPv6.
> >
> > It could be that its refusal is generating errors that are being
> > interpreted as name service errors but actually aren't.
>
> I strongly doubt that. You would rather get an error message like
> "ftp: connect: Connection refused".

While I would have thought the same thing, I set pure-ftpd to run as a
daemon, and sure enough Konqueror connected right away. So the
problem was both inted and wu-ftpd.

Many thanks, I look forward to when this is much simpler. :^)

Curt-

--
September 11th, 2001
planning advocates in American history