Re: Couple of questions: Scope:Compat vs. Scope:Global

Hi Curt,

> This morning (insomnia sucks) I've been trying v6 between my two
> debian systems, through a Linksys WAP11. The WAP11 is, as far as I
> can tell, a v4 device only, but it seems to be passing v6 traffic
> without problems:
>
> ====
> $ ping6 ::192.168.1.20
> $ ping6 fef::192:168:1:20
[snip]

well, the ::192.168.1.20 is just a v6-notation of v4 address space. Thus
you're not using v6 here, but v4. At least for the first one, dunno what
the fef:: is ATM.

> Ssh also works, but ftp doesn't. I tried command line ftp, lftp, and
> ftp://fef::192:168:1:20/ inside konqueror, as well as by hostname,
> and they all say unknown host or malformed url. I didn't find a
> "ftp6" through dselect, are the ftp clients just not v6 compatible?

The correct notation is [fef::192:168:1:20] if any. Like for
www.kame.net that would give
http://[2001:200:0:8002:203:47ff:fea5:3085]/ which works just nicely in
my firefox.

--