Re: ftp services with ipv6 on Sid *Resolved*

Hi Curt,

Am Samstag, den 12.11.2005, 10:58 -0500 schrieb Curt Howland:
> On Saturday 12 November 2005 10:38, Pascal@plouf was heard to say:
> > Beware, the command "ftp" (/usr/bin/ftp) is often a symlink to some
> > other real FTP client you may have installed. For instance, on my
> > system, it invokes lukemftp, a more advanced FTP client which
> > supports IPv6.
>
> Ok, got it. Thanks. I'll fix that later.

if you like the slimline appearance of netkit-ftp and want ipv6, you
should try lftp. It's really neat and small and having almost an entire
shell to forward and background transfers and stuff.

> > > It could be that its refusal is generating errors that are being
> > > interpreted as name service errors but actually aren't.
> >
> > I strongly doubt that. You would rather get an error message like
> > "ftp: connect: Connection refused".
>
> While I would have thought the same thing, I set pure-ftpd to run as a
> daemon, and sure enough Konqueror connected right away. So the
> problem was both inted and wu-ftpd.
>
> Many thanks, I look forward to when this is much simpler. :^)

actually it's already easy and straight forward if you use wu-ftpd
through inetd provided by openbsd-inetd. That way you'll have full ipv6
support through inetd with a standard inetd config file. No need to fool
around converting stuff to xinetd etc..

--
Best regards,
 Kilian