Re: new script: auto6to4

Le Mardi 27 Décembre 2005 01:39, Barak A. Pearlmutter a écrit :
> I've written a short script that, when run on a first-class IPv4
> host, makes it a IPv6 host via a protocol-41 uplink, and also makes
> an IPv6 cloud around it.  Seems to work okay on the few machines I've
> tested it on.  The script goes to some trouble to not do any harm, eg
> to bail if the host looks like it is behind a NAT.

IMHO, there should really be something similar integrated with the
Debian interfaces thing, so you can automatically configure a 6to4
tunnel. At the moment, you can only do so if you have a static global
IPv4 address. Also, that should not be too complicated.

As for prefix delegation to the other network interfaces, it would be
nice to have something more configurable and more generic (i.e. handle
both 6to4 and DHCPv6-PD), where you could tell which interface you want
to assign a prefix to and run radvd on. That said, AFAIK, Debian still
doesn't have officially any DHCPv6 implementation.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.simphalempin.com/home/