Re: Apache package needs update

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Peter Chubb wrote:

> Hi,
> 	I had to upgrade something recently, which caused perl to be
> upgraded which meant that the Apache from the debian.seabone.net
> archive was deinstalled.  For some reason, its control file specifies
> fairly precisely what version of perl it wants; even a minor change is
> enough to cause deinstallation.
>
>        Also, apache 1.3 has moved on from the 1.3.29 version in the
> archives -- I think it's up to 1.3.31 now -- is there any easy way to
> prevent it being upgraded, so thatthe ipv6 support doesn't disappear?
>
> 	Thirdly, has anyone tried the ipv6 support in Apache 2 ?

HI Peter,
	i am very well aware of the situation with apache since i maintain
both the standard version in Debian and the ipv6 version. Time isn't
always playing nice and i have to give prioritize to different things.

apache2 works perfectly with ipv6 and it is supported upstream.

As soon as i will have some time i will probably upload new apache1.3+ipv6
packages.

Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.