proftpd

Hi,

Two weeks ago, I worked on Jan Rekorajski's patch to add IPv6 to proftpd
1.2.5, and made debian packages, which have been added to an
"experimental ipv6 debian repository".
Since then, the patch as well as the packages have been tested and I
haven't received any comments except that "it seems to be clean and it
works fine" (good work, Jan :))

Now, we are some people to wonder if it would be possible to add the
patch upstream.
Why wait for the 1.3.x to add IPv6 support when there is already a
working implementation for the 1.2 branch ?

It would also make the maintainers' work much more simple.

Have a look at http://allergy.alrj.org/Code/proftpd-1.2.5-ipv6/
for the patch and the debian packages.

Best regards,
--