v4/v6 Proxy

Hello,

As we want to build a complete work environment in our university over an IPv6
backbone, we are looking for a http/https/ftp proxy.
At the beginning of the project we try wwwoffle and it worked fine. However, the
main disadvantage of wwwoffle is that it is a priori not HTPP/1.1 compliant.
Until we can modify the version of the HTTP protocol in the mozilla settings
(yes we choose it as our main browser) all worked well. But with the latest
version of mozilla, we can do that any more.
So we try mod_proxy with tha Apache package from kitame repository.
Unfortunately it crached each timewe want to access it like a proxy.

So I have several questions. Has anyone had the same problem with apache acting
as a proxy ? Which software are you using for v4/v6 proxy and for browser ?

Thanks,

yk