Re: proftpd ipv6 patch

Ivo Timmermans <irt@cistron.nl> writes:

> I was playing with ipv6 a little, when I stumbled upon a patch that
> implements ipv6 support for proftpd.
Is this PLD patch? (well, I don't know other v6 patch for proftpd but
I want to be sure about this).

> As the maintainer of the proftpd package I would like to know how
> stable this patch is, in other words if it would do harm if I included
> it in the official package and send a patch upstream.
We are using this patch in our base proftpd package, so many our users
is using it. IPv6 enabled proftpd is also working on our main ftp
server (ftp{.ipv6}.pld.org.pl) and we don't have problems with it so
far.

AFAIK ipv6 support is considered for next major proftpd release.

> If there is more work that needs to be done, I might be able to help
> you, too.
As usually more testing especially with non-standard configurations is
needed.

> 	Ivo

ps. latest patch is in our cvs repository.
--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz   IPv6 ready PLD Linux at http://www.pld.org.pl
misiek at pld.org.pl    AM2-6BONE, 1024/3DB19BBD, arekm@IrcNet, PWr