Re: (usagi-users 00308) Re: USAGI IPv6 patches

¡Hola!

> Seems, you still did not get the point. All the stacks except for
> openbsd, NT and linux happen to be simply buggy. That's all.

My understanding about why these stacks are buggy is:

1. Each UDP/TCP "flow" (is that a correct name?) is defined by a 4-tuple
srcaddr, srcport, dstaddr, dstport.

2. When we bind a socket we associate a set of "flows" to that socket. This
association is keep while the socket is open and should not change
(the set may be defined as "any srcaddr, any srcport, dstaddr in ouraddrs,
dstport S" when using wildcard addresses, and the extension definition of
the set may change without changing the comprension one, so the set may be
thinked as the same and the association is keep when the host adquires
or loose addresses)

3. The same successful call to bind should associate the same set of "flows"
without regard to other listening sockets on the system.

4. Any "flow" can be associated to at most one socket.

FBSD et al don't respect point 2.

Is that correct?

> Alexey

                                        HoraPe