Re: (usagi-users 00308) Re: USAGI IPv6 patches

Hola!

> > I've explained why there are some features of USAGI that are important
> > for the debian ipv6 project. Usermode programming with linux mainstream
> > bind semantics is painful, and we cannot force debian to adopt USAGI (and
> > really, don't want to)
> Update such a non-portable applications, first.
> If we changed the behavior, modifications against
> such a non-portable applications should be needed
> for other platforms.

What other platform does have the same semantics that mainstream linux?

(bind9 docs say "The only OS which seems to do this is linux.")

Linux bind semantics force us to ignore errors, that's a bad thing in
my book. I believe it's better to change linux behaviour to match the
(IMHO more sane) one every other platform has instead of forcing usermode
programmers to do something that isn't a right thing.

					HoraPe
---
Horacio J. Peña
horape@compendium.com.ar