Re: (usagi-users 00283) Re: USAGI IPv6 patches

¡Hola!

> >> KAME people seems to want to deprecate IPv6 mapped address, and newer
> >> versions don't let IPv6 sockets accept IPv4 connections. That's the MS
> >Wrong; KAME for freebsd[34], BSD4 and netbsd support ipv4-mapped address
> >while itojun, a core developer of KAME Project, dislikes it.
> >See IMPLEMENTATION file in kame kit.
> 	the above description is partially correct, but rather misleading
> 	overall.  be sure not not mislead people.

> 	yes, I believe IPv4 mapped address (RFC2553 section 3.7) behavior is
> 	poorly documented, complicates both kernel and user code, leads to
> 	insecure user code, and should be deprecated.  yes, I dislike it.
> 	I have been vocal about this in IETF because I believe the issue is
> 	serious.

What's the ipng wg position on it? Could we translate this discussion there?

In the meantime the USAGI patch that i sent would let linux in the same
position that FBSD and BSD/OS 4, and IMHO a lot better than what we have
now, would you davem/alexey apply it or at least tell us your opinion about
this issue?

> itojun

Thanks,
					HoraPe