Re: USAGI IPv6 patches

Hello!

> I wondered if you could please tell me if there are any plans to merge
> the USAGI IPv6 patches[1] into the Linux source,

Partially.

>					in order to make
> Linux comply with the latest IPv6 RFCs[2]?

It does.

USAGI patch contains some important things, but they are mixed
with of huge load of poorly cosmetic things and things, which
are difficult to accept.

Bug fixes are to be accepted. Unfortunately, it is not so easy
to separate really important pieces (I know only one to be honest:
reassembly of link local frames) of useless things sort of NI ICMP
and unadvertised change of macro names.

If USAGE people were more communicative at least about
core changes (bsdish binding rules) and real problems,
this would be great. Now it looks like a heap, where
it is not so easy to find real pearls.

Alexey