Re: USAGI IPv6 patches

In article <[🔎] 84vgpb7tny.fsf_-_@snoopy.apana.org.au> (at 15 Mar 2001 11:38:41 +1100), Brian May <bam@debian.org> says:

> I wondered if you could please tell me if there are any plans to merge
> the USAGI IPv6 patches[1] into the Linux source, in order to make
> Linux comply with the latest IPv6 RFCs[2]?

IMHO, netdev people, glibc people and we should talk about development
processes, paths and policies, but we may not get concensus...
by the differnce between theirs policies and ours.

(Not all, but core of) core members will attend the IETF 50 meeting,
next week in Minneapolis.  There, we may talk about this subject.

Anyway, USAGI Project will try to convince netdev and glibc people in April.
But I suppose some features, such as double bind, may not be applied.

:
> Note:
> [1] <URL:http://www.linux-ipv6.org/>
> [2] <URL:http://www.linux-ipv6.org/linux-test-en/index.html>
> --
> Brian May <bam@debian.org>

FIY: Comparison between linux 2.2.18, 2.4.0 with smallest patch to
complete the test, USAGI linux22 and linux24 are available at
<http://www.linux-ipv6.org/tahitest/summary-index.html>.

BTW, Core of core members (?) will attend the IETF 50 meeting.
We may talk about this.

Thanks.

--
Hideaki YOSHIFUJI @ USAGI Project  <yoshfuji@linux-ipv6.org>
PGP5i FP: F731 6599 5EB2 BBA7 1515  1323 1806 A96F 5700 6B25