Re: Debian IPv6 packages

    Wichert> Previously Brian May wrote:
    >> Are there any downside to the USAGI stuff? ie. has it been
    >> tested to the point where it is known to work, and not break
    >> anything else?

    Wichert> More importantly, what do davem and alexy think of it?

I was wondering that, so I posted a message on linux-kernel.

So far I have got one irritated response via private E-Mail
(paraphrased: can't you get your facts straight? IPv6 servers do work
on Linux). I pointed out that he may have misunderstood me, and gave
him references to the messages posted in this mailing list.

    Wichert> This does not work for USAGI, since it means changing the
    Wichert> existing IPv6 stack that a fair number of people are
    Wichert> already using. What should happen is that the USAGI
    Wichert> people hash this out with davem and alexy and come up
    Wichert> with a strategy for improving the stock kernel.

Agreed.

Perhaps somebody should mail these people directly? (assuming they
don't see my message; even then it might help, as judging from the
first response I got other people might be confused too; somebody else
might be able to clarify the important issues involved, such as what
Wichert said above).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>