Re: newbie: ssh, dns

Hi

for sshd, I started it with the -6 option.
The man says that -6 allows only IPv6, but it works for me for both
IPv4 and IPv6.

--* quote man sshd *--
     -4      Forces sshd to use IPv4 addresses only.
     -6      Forces sshd to use IPv6 addresses only.
--* end quote *--

I modified /etc/init.d/ssh so it reads :

# Configurable options:

OPTIONS="-6"

case "$1" in
  start)
        test -f /etc/ssh/sshd_not_to_be_run && exit 0
        echo -n "Starting OpenBSD Secure Shell server: sshd"
        start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile \
	 /var/run/sshd.pid --exec /usr/sbin/sshd -- $OPTIONS
(I just added the $OPTIONS, IIRC)

same thing in the reload and restart sections. works well.

for the client, ssh -6 will do the trick.

No clues for bind, sorry.

HTH.

--
Charles