Re: Call for 6Bone attached Debian mirrors

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 11:38:27PM +0300, Heikki Vatiainen wrote:
> I think a list of 6Bone attached Debian mirrors would be useful since
> apt, at least the one in unstable, seems to work fine over IPv6. Our
> lab has one group that have an IPv6 only network and they can easily
> install and upgrade packets even if they have no IPv4 addresses
> configured and no protocol translation is done.

 If squid or some other HTTP proxy does ipv6, a multihomed box could
provide an easy way to reach a Debian archive from a v6-only network.

 Not that we shouldn't get Debian mirrors reachable with ipv6, just
pointing out that there might be a good alternative.  (good mostly
because squid does caching, which is great if you point a bunch of
machines at it.  (increase maximum_object_size to 100000 KB so it will
cache even the big .debs))

--
#define X(x,y) x##y