Re: news on ipv6

According to Craig Small:
> Robert van der Meulen said:
> > Quoting Craig Small (csmall@scooter.eye-net.com.au):
> > > Is there any movement forward in getting all of this onto one single
> > > ftp/http site yet?
> >
> > Sort of :) - i want to do this on ipv6.nl ..
> > If someone has some good ideas to make uploading into this archive as easy
> > and manageable as possible, information appreciated :)
>
> This is something we need to get sorted out.  The advantage Debian has
> is that there is a lot of developers and if we can co-ordinate can do
> many things in parallel.
>
> The general way this is done in Debian is you make the ipv6.nl host a
> limited Debian system.  If a user wants to contribute and they seem 'ok'
> by the admin, you grab the passwd/shadow file off master and put it on
> your system (there may be a better way than this).

Maybe we can get partial access to the LDAP database? And if this is
possible, who should we ask.

> I'm not sure how big and horrible dinstall is, but that may make moving
> packages over easier.

dinstall is a piece of cake.. though if we patch it i think we should
give the server a name in the debian zone as well.. to avoid
confusion, than i'll write a patch for dinstall and send it to the
maintainer for inclusion?